COVID-19 REQUIREMENT FOR ALL JR. FAIR EXHIBITORS
In compliance with the State of Ohio Responsible Restart County Fairs order issued effective June 2, 2020 all occupants entering the gates will be asked daily symptom questions to assess health. Pickaway County Public Health has requested that all jr. fair exhibitors print off and complete a COVID-19 Pre-Screening form to be collected upon arrival. Anyone experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 (fever, cough, sore throat, runny/stuff nose, short of breath, loss of taste or smell, nausea and vomiting) and/or has been exposed to anyone with a confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19 in the past 14 days must stay home.
JR. FAIR EXHIBITOR COVID-19 PRE-SCREENING FORM
2020 Pickaway County Fair & Ohio State Fair are RACTOPAMINE-FREE
AFFIDAVIT IS REQUIRED TO ACCOMPANY EVERY PIG AT WEIGH-IN. PRINT OFF, FILL OUT COMPLETELY, HAVE REQUIRED PARTY(IES) SIGN. EACH PIG MUST HAVE FORM.
PARENT or LEGAL GUARDIAN
Ohio Ag Net
Ohio Pork Council
2020 Pre-Fair Junior Exhibitor Information
Quality Assurance Training is required annually for all junior fair exhibitors (4-H and FFA) with market or lactating animals. DUE MAY 1, 2020
For livestock quality assurance (QA) for the 2020 year only:
Due to the current situation surrounding COVID-19, for the health and safety of the public ALL 4-H events, programs, and activities scheduled between now and July 6, 2020 will be held virtually, postponed, or cancelled. QA must still be completed before the opening day of exhibition. However the 45-day prior to the opening of the exhibition requirement from ODA will not be enforced. Youth livestock exhibitors (8-18) may take the online YQCA certification.
What does this mean for Pickaway Junior Fair Exhibitors?
- All in-person county Quality Assurance Trainings for 2020 are CANCELLED.
- All market/lactating livestock project members are required to go on-line and complete YQCA Training and Quiz at http://yqca.learngrow.io/Account/Login (sign in as an independent). There is a cost of $12 per exhibitor. In order for the on-line training to count, each youth must complete the module and quiz that is the correct age as of January 1 for the youth. For the month of April, the YQCA platform is offering a coupon to discount each training to $9. Coupons must be ORDERED before they can be utilized.
Once YQCA training is complete, email your PDF, screenshot or photo of certificate to email@example.com. After May 1 the Extension Office will notify advisors of any members currently incomplete in their training.
Project possession date for all species except chickens & rabbits: April 15
Spring tagging for market hogs, lambs, goats and dairy beef feeders DUE TO COVID-19 THERE WILL BE NO IN-PERSON TAGGING FOR 2020 - Online submission due April 25, 2020
Exhibitors must complete a photo submission form for each animal. The requirements for this form are:
- 1 form per exhibitor.
- 4 photos required (front, 1 of each side and rear) for EACH animal, with the exhibitor in the photos.
- Each exhibitor can submit up to 3 animals per species, plus a family animal. Families of single exhibitors can only submit a total of 3 animals, not a family animal.
- For family animals, please submit a photo under the oldest child's name. In the 4 photos there must be a sign in the photo that says, “family animal”. In the text box, please write all of the exhibitor's names within your family that could qualify to exhibit the animal as their project.
- If the exhibitor takes projects through multiple clubs, there must be a separate form complete for each animal noting the corresponding club.
This form does not take the place of making online entries.
Livestock Sale Committee is hosting a Facebook Live broadcast April 15 at 8:00pm to explain the photo submission form and answer any questions. If possible the broadcast will be recorded and posted.
Jr. Fair registrations for dogs and horses (on paper) is due May 1 - DOG SHOW CANCELLED FOR 2020 FAIR
Project possession date for chickens & rabbits is May 15
Junior Fair Livestock Online Registration (market and breeding animals, excludes dogs and horses) Due May 15:
The online system for entries for the 2020 Pickaway County Fair will again be utilized. Entries are required for all animal projects, as well as showmanship. Livestock & Sale Committee will email advisors login information to check their club members submissions. Entries must be completed on pickaway.fairmanager.com
- Review your entries before completing registration as you cannot log back in to update entries.
- Each exhibitor can bring no more than a total of 10 animals to the fair, only 5 market animals are allowed per exhibitor
- Showmanship classes are by exhibitor's age, as of Jan. 1. NOT by years in project.
- Junior (Age 8 AND 3rd grade - 10 years)
- Intermediate (11-13 years)
- Senior (14-18 years)
- All county born and raised animals must be bred, born AND raised in Pickaway County. Check mark the box asking if it is Pickaway County Born and Raised.
- If you are taking 2 market rabbits, you must submit 2 entries - one per rabbit.
- NO tag number is needed for Market Swine, Market Goats, Market Lambs, or Dairy Beef Feeders. For sheep and goats, scrapie tags numbers are required to be entered.
NEW for 2020:
- There is a late fee of $25 per late entry from May 23 - June 19. No entries will be accepted starting June 20.
- ALL junior fair checks will be mailed for the 2020 fair. Enter the address where you would like the check mailed to when creating account. If address needs changed for check, email the Livestock Sale Committee by Aug. 1.
Questions, corrections or additions should be emailed to the Livestock & Sale Committee.
CLICK HERE for instructions to register Junior Fair Livestock Online
Livestock Skillathon Judging - a separate Skillathon Judging event will not take place for 2020. However, complete project books will be required to be turned in by all Jr. Fair Exhibitors upon arrival of move-in for the fair.
Fair Move-in Saturday, June 20. See Fair Week Jr. Fair Exhibitor Info for more information
Check the Pickaway County OSU Extension Youth Development website regularly for all of the most updated information
2020 Livestock Requirement Summary